HYB: goals (was most fun crosses)

Neil said:
<This has been absolutely the *worst* Iris year/bloom season I have ever
                   anywhere, and even so there has been some glorious

Then went on to name a bunch of cultivars I wouldn't even begin to try
to grow in my climate and soil.  Well, I might try them if they were a
gift <g>, but wouldn't be willing to fuss around with them the way Neil

Which brings up the topic of hybridizing goals.

Neil, you recently gave a lot of good reasons for your trying to grow
and hybridize with the cultivars you chose - you love them.

I love super health and reliable bloom and stalk height, which outweighs
individual bloom or branching for me.

Which love influences the primary hybridizing goals of the rest of you?
I know that we all want healthy plants with beautiful blooms, but what
are the primary drives?

I think I know Betty's - rebloom in every color of the rainbow.

What about the rest of you?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8