Re: AIS:Judging:disqualifying cultivars

Betty -- how I  appreciate your comments in regard to growing conditions
influencing how an iris  blooms!  Many, many years ago, Two members of our club (I
was one) had entered  beautiful specimens - either  might have been able to
be the queen, except one of the judges - a prominent one who is no longer  in
this world - dismissed them after a glance and said,  " That cannot be that
iris, I have never seen it grow that well" -- and that was the end of any ribbons
for either!  It just happened that the weather etc that year was favorable
for that iris. ---  and I was very annoyed to put it mildly!     Rosalie nr
Baltimore,MD,USA zone 7 getting ready for more rain - at least it makes everything
grow, just about.  ryfigge@aol.com