Re: CULT: Pod setting

I haven't found that to be true.  Maybe the opposite - maybe because
first blooms to open are more likely to have been damaged by the most
recent wretched weather & <less> likely to be successful.

I have found that if a stalk sets one pod, I'm more likely to get
additional pods on that stalk.  But if the first few tries (not
necessarily the first few blooms) on a stalk don't take, later ones are
not likely to take either.  Especially noticeable this year.

Maybe because I had so many stalks to notice this year <g>

Seems like there have been as many as three pods in one socket on HoM
here.

< It seems to me that the first couple of flowers blooming on a stalk
are more
                   liable to set seed than those blooming later on the
same stalk.  Any other
                   thoughts on this?  --  Griff>

<I have noticed that once I have
                   one or two pods, later pollination attempts on the
same stalk most often
                   fail. -- Dave>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8