HYB:TB: Treasured

I had TREASURED here on a new plant, as it is an '04 introduction from Joe
Ghio.  It is a Fogbound seedling (Fogbound as pod parent) and is very tall.
The blooms were near-white here with a pink flush up the standards.  Form,
substance, finish were all one could ask for.  I look forward to seeing it
on an acclimated, established plant.

I got one set from its pollen--one pod out of two tries on VENETIAN GLASS
which is from Lotus Land X Fogbound.  This is a cross I hope doesn't rot off
the stalk or have the stalk rot out from under it as many have done both
this year and last.  There is exquisite potential in this one, I think and I
look forward to the results with anticipation

I tried its pollen on some of my own Fogbound seedlings in the violet range.
I thought that looked rather fun.

By far the majority of my crosses failed, but I'm finding either balloons or
"bee" pods all over the garden.  All those last year were empty, so the same
may be happening here.

High wind took the Treasured stalk down as its last blooms were developing,
so my opportunities vanished with it then.  Many things went down as the
ground was wet and very plastic--squishy almost.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains