Re: CULT: Can this pod be saved?

In a message dated 6/7/2005 12:03:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
richter@eecs.berkeley.edu writes:

> Any suggestions appreciated...

If it is still attached to the stalk, put a splint on it and let it continue
to mature. Rubber bands and bamboo skewers work pretty good.

If not still attached, take the collected pod and trim the remaining stalk
and stick in a potato. I tried the potato thing last year. I could tell no
difference in potato held pods and those just left layin' on the desk. The potato
did not hurt anything and it made a neat holder. Certainly it may even have
helped. Pods handled each way germinated.

I let both groups of broken off pods (about 4 of each) ripen to the crackin'
point before removing the seeds.

Bill Burleson