Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:29:50 -0400
From: Chris Darlington chrisdarlington@videotron.capr
Subject: [iris] Cult: Spathe borers

Hello Everybody,

Does anybody have problems with moth larvas that bore through the
spathes and demolish the entire bloom ?  I'm having great difficulty
controling these things and wonder what others do to put an end to the
damage caused by these pests.  These little white borers are about 1/4
long and have two little black specks for eyes.   I treated lightly with
Cygon 2E about three weeks ago but it was either ineffective or not
timely.

These borers could cause me to abandon Irises forever if I can't learn
how to control them.  Seeing flowers rot on the stalk and not open is
VERY discouraging :-(

Any help would be greatly appreiciated.
Chris
North of Montreal