From: owner-iris@hort.net
[mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of Chris
Darlington
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 8:39 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] cut worms

Francelle,

I'll see if I can photograph one of these
critters.   Now that I think of
it, I don't recall seeing legs on these things so
maybe they are worms.  Are
cutworms about 1/4" and white ?  You're describing
exactly what I've been
seeing here in my garden, small holes in the
spathe and total destruction
within.  I found two of them inside a seedling
today.

Thanks very much for your insight, it has been
very helpful. Chris