Re: HYB: Romantic Eve, potent pollen (was question width

Thanks all and thanks for the great photo collection.  Gives me a much
better idea of what to expect.  I knew there were some wide things from
RE, but like Betty sez, didn't know if those were exceptions or from
combinations with other wide things.

Same here, Neil.  RE is mostly just replacing himself year to year, but
has potent pollen.

I found the same to be true this year for SHARPSHOOTER (first year to
bloom here).  Possibly even more so than RE.

Another potent pollen producer this year was BLACK ANDROMEDA - unusual
for a black iris here.  Like SHARPSHOOTER, even anthers that didn't look
good set pods.  Plus it was setting pods late in the bloom season when
it was hot and muggy.  This was its first year, so don't know how it
will hold up in the long run.

SHARPSHOOTER and ROMANTIC EVENING are good names for potent pollen
parents <g>  I'm hoping BLACK ANDY (my nickname) produces a
constellation of wide kids.

<RE is more than reluctant to set pods, but has some of the most potent
                   pollen I've ever run across, setting pods where
nothing else will for me.      Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC
mountains>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8