Re: Re: HYB:Product Identity[was: ?Black Andromeda]

I have already replied offlist to Linda regarding BLACK ANDROMEDA. While
Will Plotner
definitely is ahead of the game in that he worked closely with the
hybridizer of BLACK ANDROMEDA,
I still have some question as to the authenticity of  what Linda is growing.
Mike Greenfield posted a photo
of what I am growing as BA. The description is "azure-wine standards over
dark wine falls with a red beard.

Azure is a light to medium blue, A wine influence in that suggests light
mauvish standards to me. The standards
of BA in Mike's photo seem to fit that part of the description. The red
beards are definitely red beards. The falls are
dark wine. The part of Mike's BA  that may or may not match the description
is the lighter wine rim on the falls.
There is no mention of that in the R&I description. However, the parents of
BA, SWEETER THAN WINE and
ARMAGEDDON both have light blue-wine standards and darker wine falls with a
lighter rim. I could see the cv that
Mike submitted a photo of being a child of the two, they are strikingly
similar. The R&I do not quite settle the matter.
Having never seen BLACK ANDROMEDA, I can't say yes of no to either plant.
The fact that Will Plotner says
Linda's cv is right makes me place a big question mark next to what I am
growing. Is there a photo out there from
someone's catalog archive that can help settle this identity?

Any other thoughts?

John Bruce