Re: HYB:Product Identity[was: ?Black Andromeda]

Chet Tompkins was known to be a bit 'creative' with both descriptions
and pedigrees.  John, it wouldn't surprise me if Chet might have that
both mine <and> your "Black Andromeda" are the <real> thing...

Second guessing IDs <after> the hybridizer is no longer around to settle
the issue, especially if the description doesn't match the plant
probably isn't the best idea.

I've sent a note to Mike to see if he can/will try to figure this one
out.

If not, I'd be inclined to take your BLACK ANDROMEDA as the <real> one,
tho it does make me wonder about the name - yours doesn't sound much
like a black galaxy.  If I get anything I want to register from it, I
can always list it as ?Tompkins black TB.

There are other plants in circulation with descriptions that don't match
- recently got confirmation from one hybridizer that what was sent was
indeed what I had ordered - just didn't look like the R&I.  Might be a
good idea to send in a revised description (hint, hint....).
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8