Re: TB:Hist: Dauntless?

As for 'Dauntless', I have found lots of pictures on line at places such
as the HIPS web site (I think), and at various nursery's web sites, etc.
More likely and very similar is 'Indian Chief', which is a very very very
common and strong growing Iris.  The colors of the two are similar, but a
close look at the stripes near the beard will separate them.

By "orange beards" what sort of orange do you mean.  It is an orangey
yellow, or a rich red-orange, or somewhere in between.  'Dauntless' and
'Indian Chief' have an orange tinge to the beards, but I tend to think of
them as more on the yellow side (I don't have a flower open, nor a photo
to look at the moment though).

I don't have time to dig for links to pictures right now, but if you don't
get lots of leads here, I might be able to help some later.

There are lots of old yellows, but few of the really old ones (your
description sounds like perhaps a very old or old fashioned flower) are
rich bright yellow.

In all cases, you will probably get more definitive answers (maybe that
should be possibly) if you can post photos of the flower to one of the
photo oriented chat groups such as the Iris Photos group.

Good luck,