TB:Hist: Dauntless?

Lynn, the rosy magenta one might be more difficult to ID than the yellow as
quite a number of very similar varieties were introduced over the span of a
couple decades..

Of that vintage suggested by what you describe, there are relatively few
clear, clean yellows, especially selfs without white flashes or bitone
effects.  That is one of the reasons OLA KALA created the sensation it did,
as well as its awesome saturation of the yellow-gold color.

Most yellows were far from clear hue, rarely selfs and often marked by quite
noisy hafts, sometimes virus flecking (from their W. R. Dykes heritage) and
a host of flaws of form, branching and the like.

The HIPS "Quick Fix" photos should be of some help, I would think, and the
historical offerings of Argyle, Superstition and the like have numerous
others besides those in the HIPS photo list.

I dream of a time when we have an encylopedic photo library of varieties
with good, sharp and accurate color rendition of both contemporary as well
as much-circulated historics.  What a help that would be--but what a
monumental task to create!

Best wishes on your search!

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains