To: "Iris-talk" <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 4:19 AM
Subject: Re: [iris] Re: HYB:Product Identity

Sandra, my remarks about "pouncing" don't refer to careful and knowledgeable
gardeners and iris growers such as yourself. You are far less likely to pin
an incorrect name on something you have that has gotten separated from its
label than the type of "casual" gardener I meant. You have a pretty
sophisticated knowledge of what is what, and what you may or may not have
gotten. The unknown is identified to be something you have good reason to
attach the name to and are highly unlikely to pin just any old name on
something.