Re: Re: HYB:Product Identity/Mogensen

In a message dated 6/18/2005 10:05:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
eleanore@mts.net writes:

> When I first joined this iris group, in 2000 or so (I don't always post,
> but
> I try to read all the great info), I asked for help in identifying irises.
> I still remember it was Neil who responded.

Anyone perusing the archives or stayin' up on current postings will often see
Neil's patient and knowledgeable responses to the broad spectrum of
expertises and intellects that seek input here.

I first noticed his patience in responses to Christian when she was new to
the iris world and full of enthusiasm for irises and hybridizing. Later, in
depth discussion both on and off list revealed the depth of iris knowledge he
possessed and willingly shared. This knowledge was additionally coupled to a
willingness to research subjects where his knowledge might be found limited The
more I got to know Mogensen, the more it became evident he likely was doing more
for the iris world than all of the powers that be combined.

This prompted an unsolicited effort on my part to aid Neil in having his
judges credentials reinstated not just as a judge but as judge emeritus. He was th
e type person and possessed the attributes I wanted to see representing the
AIS judge's faction. As is often the case the "rules boys" flexed there muscles,
showed their stature, self importance, and power.

I've not been able to figure the pleasures the "rules boys" gain from such.
Whether it be from gettin' people to jump through hoops, reserving judge
emeritus status for themselves, preferring evaluation of irises by the less informed
with a few hours of formal instruction to people with years of education with
relentless pursuit of iris knowledge, or just plain lack of understanding the
difference between right vs. rules, will likely never be figured out here.

I'm hopin' the "rules boys" revisit previous decisions and grant judge
emeritus status to Mogensen soon. For no reason other than it is the right thing to
do if they cannot find the cornucopia of other reasons.

In my defense, I've not found myself in agreement with all of Mogensen's
opinions or input. That being said, his are given deeper consideration than most
others when it comes to good flowers, their performance, or genetics.

Ventin', Smilin', Writin', and Rightin',
Bill Burleson