Re: Re: HYB:Product Identity/Mogensen

In a message dated 6/18/05 12:54:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Oneofcultivars@aol.com writes:

> This prompted an unsolicited effort on my part to aid Neil in having his
> judges credentials reinstated not just as a judge but as judge emeritus. He
> was th
> e type person and possessed the attributes I wanted to see representing the
> AIS judge's faction. As is often the case the "rules boys" flexed there
> muscles,
> showed their stature, self importance, and power.

Hi Bill,

Now you make me feel bad.  Neil has a lot more knowledge of iris genetics,
history, etc., than I do and I am an emeritus judge (along with my husband
because we are a team).  It was a great surprise to us, but we learned that our RVP
and others in our region proposed it to the AIS Board. They made a case
based, in part, on our many years as judges, our willingness and ability to provide
training and support to student judges and our efforts to promote the growing
of irises by the public.  We also wrote the Standard Dwarf chapter in the
Judges Handbook. At the same time the region presented my husband and I with a
regional service award.  This was all based on service to the organization
rather than our knowledge about irises.

Dorothy Willott