HYB: Best of the best

Neil mentioned in a previous post [see HYB: Product Identity/Mogensen] that
when he reentered irises, Keith Keppel guided his first purchases "of the
current 'best of the best' on the market."  Now I'm curious, which irises
would members of this list recommend as the current "best of the best" on the
market.  I am still fairly new to irises, and would like to know.  Please
don't limit this discussion to just TBs.  What are the best of the best (in
all classifications of bearded irises, as well as non-bearded), from the
standpoint of breeding potential?  What would be considered the best for the
show bench?  If you were starting over, which irises would be the ones you
coudn't do without?