Re: Re: HYB:Product Identity/Mogensen

In a message dated 6/19/2005 2:22:44 AM Central Daylight Time, DWiris@aol.com
writes:

> Now you make me feel bad.  Neil has a lot more knowledge of iris genetics,
> history, etc., than I do and I am an emeritus judge (along with my husband
> because we are a team).  It was a great surprise to us, but we learned that
> our RVP
> and others in our region proposed it to the AIS Board.

Never would I conciously seek to make you feel bad. Certainly you should not.
I have on occasion commented on the voice of reason you provide in the iris
community. Certainly my comments were not meant to detract from your
accomplishments or those of any other person. You have indeed done much, continue to do
so, and are respected here.

As this point I do offer the following excerpt from a private communication
that arrived here following my recent post to this thread under the subject
line "Bravo Bill!":

EXCERPT STARTS:
" I have been a lurker for a few years; I'll be a lurker for another few. I'm
too old to know anything; I'm smart enough to know what I don't know. LOL.
But . . . Neil is the reason I lurk at IT. He's not the ONLY reason, but he's
the MAIN reason.  His cogent, thoughtful posts and replies are classics. I have
two notebooks with copies of IT info that I NEED as I reacquaint myself with
iris and hybridizing. Neil's comments seem to dominate the files for some
reason.

Retirement hovers just on the horizon and 100 iris are frequenting the front
of my acre of sand in far West Texas.  The back of the acre needs a 300-400
hundred more.  And Neil has inspired me to do just that--fill it up.  I'll put
him in for Iris Sainthood when I can."
EXCERPT ENDS

The world changes rapidly. While this excerpt is better written than many, it
is in no way atypical of much of the communications that take place in
relation to rules vs. right, the attitudes within AIS corporate culture concerning
judges, exactly who is intended to serve who in that culture, or how we got to
this state.

It does poignantly reinforce the point I attempted to make and in a better
way concerning the value, knowledge, and contributions of Mogensen to the iris
community as a whole and the judges community in particular.

Yes, its time for AIS to serve him...... with Judge Emeritus status.

Smiles,
Bill Burleson