Re: HYB: Best of the best

In a message dated 6/19/05 1:01:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jpreilly@zianet.com writes:

> Most of the people writing to this website are fascinated with the older
> classic irises.  Not me.

Hi Jim,

Not me, either.  I like the new, ruffled, confections and fascinating new
color combinations.  Joe Ghio sent EXPOSE as an extra with our order last year
and it bloomed with several bloomstalks this year.  It is a vigorous grower and
a most unusual pattern.  We have been impressed with recent Ghio, Keppel and
Paul Black introductions and are planning to order some irises from Barry Blyth
to be sent in February.  We will pot those up and keep them in a greenhouse
until April or so.  Other great TBs are coming from Rick Tasco (Superstition
Gardens) and Larry Lauer.  If you like space age irises, George Sutton has some
good ones.  One of my favorite newly acquired irises this year was Terry
Aitken's brilliant orange, CRACKLING CALDERA.  I have a big seed pod on it.

Dorothy Willott in Northern Ohio, Zones 5 or 6.