  From: DWiris@aol.com
  To: iris@hort.net
  Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 1:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [iris] HYB: Best of the best

  In a message dated 6/19/05 1:01:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
  jpreilly@zianet.com writes:

  > Most of the people writing to this website are fascinated with the older
  > classic irises.  Not me.

  Hi Jim,

  Not me, either.  I like the new, ruffled, confections and fascinating new
  color combinations.  Joe Ghio sent EXPOSE as an extra with our order last
  and it bloomed with several bloomstalks this year.  It is a vigorous grower
  a most unusual pattern.  We have been impressed with recent Ghio, Keppel and
  Paul Black introductions and are planning to order some irises from Barry
  to be sent in February.  We will pot those up and keep them in a greenhouse
  until April or so.  Other great TBs are coming from Rick Tasco (Superstition
  Gardens) and Larry Lauer.  If you like space age irises, George Sutton has
  good ones.  One of my favorite newly acquired irises this year was Terry
  Aitken's brilliant orange, CRACKLING CALDERA.  I have a big seed pod on it.

  Dorothy Willott in Northern Ohio, Zones 5 or 6.

  message text UNSUBSCRIBE IRIS