Re: Re: HYB:Product Identity/Mogensen

Kitty: I can't seem to find any of my copies of the Judges Handbook, but does it say that a person has to be a judge at the time or just that they have been a judge for ten years? It sounds like any of us could get this done. It would be helpful to be able to get the history from Neil himself and we could all add endorsements. Hopefully he has been a judge for ten years previously. No matter. it would seem to be possible for the board to make a special case if need be. The US congress does this all the time why shouldn't a board be able to make exceptions to their rules.

loberg@adelphia.net wrote:> Hi Bill, I think you should continue to push this issue. It is too bad
that Neil's
> health does not permit him to participate as an active judge. A
> package making these points to the AIS Board, might persuade enough board
> members to vote for Emeritus status.
> Dorothy Willott

To expand on Dorothy's comments. yes, it is possible to have this
reconsidered. According to the AIS JT handbook, nominations for emeritus judge
may be made by the RVP or other AIS members. All it takes is one AIS member.
The nomination letter is sent to the Chairman of Judges and must contain a
full statement of the nominee's record, and must be supported by written
statements of endorsement from four fully accredited judges, 2 from outside
the nominee's region. I would think the four endorsements would be easy to
get. The handbook also states an Emeritus status is accorded only to persons
who have served for ten years as an accredited judge.
My hope is that someone in Region 4 can pick the ball up, and go forth with
Kitty Loberg