Re: HYB: Best of the best

In a message dated 6/20/2005 11:19:42 A.M. Central Standard Time,
mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com writes:

About  Town is similar
and a much better iris here.

Glad you posted this.  Got Louisa's Song last year.  Didn't take  off really
well but did put up one 12" stalk with 2 blooms. Now I have one  fan left that
looks doubtful.
I bought 2 rhizomes of About Town.  Both rotted.  I cleaned  one and moved to
a pot, so far nothing.  Cleaned the other and left in  place.  It's gone.
Again & Again rotted in the same general area,  but has recovered with 2 small
fans.  On the other end of this 50 foot bed  I lost about half a dozen rhizomes
that I won't list.  Everything else was  great.  All of this happened in one
relatively brief period of spring  rain.
Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: