Re: HYB: Best of the best

Betty Have not had any Blyth iris rot here.
Blyth TBs I grow

ABOUT TOWN
Grows great blooms tall

CALL ME BLUE
Grows great blooms tall

DREAM TILL DAWN
No bloom yet

EXCELLENCY
Blooms short

GIRL THING
Got it last year from Blyth, bloomed but no bloom or increase this year

LOUISA'S SONG
Grows fine poor and short bloom

MASTERY
Grows great blooms tall

MAYBE AN ANGEL
Grows great blooms tall

ROMANCER
Best iris of the year here, could not ask for more

WEARING RUBIES
Poor grower no bloom

Did grow IN TOWN, it bloomed short

Mike Greenfield
Zone 5b
SW Ohio
Region 6
http://home.cinci.rr.com/irisinohio/
Mike,

Glad you posted this. Got Louisa's Song last year. Didn't take off really
well but did put up one 12" stalk with 2 blooms. Now I have one fan left that
looks doubtful.

I bought 2 rhizomes of About Town. Both rotted. I cleaned one and moved to
a pot, so far nothing. Cleaned the other and left in place. It's gone.
Again & Again rotted in the same general area, but has recovered with 2 small
fans. On the other end of this 50 foot bed I lost about half a dozen rhizomes
that I won't list. Everything else was great. All of this happened in one
relatively brief period of spring rain.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: