Re: Cult: Spathe borers

Just a thought here.  Perhaps this is not correct, but I thought it might
be worth a mention, as I've seen it before on other plants.

Perhaps your Iris flowers are rotting and then maggots are getting into
the resultant decomposing mush?  Maybe you have something else going on to
cause the flowers to go bad and the larvae are a symptom and not a cause?

Some photos of the larvae might help figure out your puzzle.