Re: HYB:101: ( was Best of the best)

Always keep in mind your goals - 'best of the best' can mean something
very different if you're interested in best performers, best of some
color, best of whatever, depending on what part of the world you are
in..

Best performers can vary from one climate to another, & like Betty, some
of the ones that Neil has suggested as "best of the best" certainly
wouldn't be anywhere near best here for performance.

Unfortunately, like Betty says, finding the 'best' if your goals are
something unique to your growing conditions, or otherwise off the beaten
path, takes a lot of trial and error.

Betty, I sure hope I can some decent breeding lines going, but despair
of ever having anything as good in appearance from my lines as Neil's
'best of the best'.  Do you think you can get there with rebloomers?

A high goal to aim for....

At least I've already acheived the first of the goals I set in
discussions with Sharon McAllister back in the early days of this group,
when she asked me what I really wanted ... An iris patch full of iris
blooms instead of mostly daisies.

Many thanks, Sharon, for encouraging me, tho I did wander away from
pallida.
---------
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8