I am VERY new here ........

... and I must say that all the knowledge and expertise in these  threads is
quite intimidating!!!

 The extent of my experience with Iris is one small clump given to me  some 11
years ago that has been divided, replanted everywhere and
 shared more times that I care to remember!

 Anyway ... to make a long story short, I've read so many of you explaining
how your own colourful collections are made that I have a
 question on Iris seed pods.

 I watched a bee going from one clump of very dark tall bearded purple Iris,
crawling directly underneath the 'what-ya-ma-call-its' of each
 bloom then flew over to one of my older Historics a few feet away and repeat
its mission on those. I now have about 7-12 seed pods
 growing on the 'receiving' historic and can only assume that the bee has
pollinated it with the taller one's pollen  .

 Can someone tell me if any 'nice' off-springs have come out of these types of
crosses ?

Here is the one the bee visited first (the donor?)
http://members.sparedollar.com/lavieenrose/Iris-WindowWorks_3995.jpg

Here is the one it visited right after (the Mother/Host?)
http://members.sparedollar.com/lavieenrose/Iris-Bd_Unknown.jpg

 I personally can't wait to see what will come out of the combination  ... I
think this will be a real hoot!!
 LOL

Berni