Re: HYB:seed:drying

In a message dated 6/26/2005 12:21:23 P.M. Central Standard Time,
chrisdarlington@videotron.ca writes:

The  problem here North of Montreal is that Summers are very humid.

Chris, the summers are usually quite humid here too.  When I first  started
this technique, I didn't have AC.  (Why they were by the window  that one day)
I lived in an old house that had been renovated but didn't  have an AC.

Since I had so many, I used a series of envelope dividers to  separate the
envelopes and hold them upright for better air circulation.   The envelopes
looked a bit drab by the time I got the "rattle" I was  seeking.  More moisture
moved into the envelope itself.  But it still  did the job.

Now that I keep them in the office near the computer they are in air
conditioning and the envelopes stay nice and clean (looking).  I snip the  corner of
the envelope when I'm ready to plant.  I often think how close  I've mimicked
commercial seed packs.

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: