Bridal Netting for safely drying seeds

The 'Bridal' netting is very fine , not like the regular netting.

This can be  purchased cheaply in any Fabric Dept. , about 3 yards for 1.00

You could get creative and use different colors for different seeds.

Put the seeds in a piece you cut off  , gather the edges with your fingers
into a poofy bundle and tie  closed.

Make this large enough so the seeds can spread out when the bundle is
shaken.

Tie a name tag on the bundle and for extra security put a teeny label  with
the cross# inside too.

For tags I use pieces of cheap vinyl venetian blind slats , hole punched and
written on with pencil.

I've used this method for years .

Also works super well for the seed pods that explode when ripe on some other
 flowers .

If you do not want to tape your flowers shut after hand pollinating , you
can wrap a piece around the blossom.

Towards the end of the growing season my garden looks very strange , or so
my Mail lady says .

IMO looks a heck of a  lot better than using old nylons.

Shirley,

http://community.webshots.com/album/125344462zaHnik