RE: Seed drying

I've been reading with interest all the methods and misadventures of
seed drying posted here.  I've developed what for me is a fool proof
method.  I sew 4 X 6 inch bags of nylon net and put a drawstring near
the open end.  As soon as a seed pod has developed I put a net bag over
it and tie it so as not to lose any seeds.  When the pod is ripe and
harvested, I remove it, take out the seeds and put them back in the bag
to dry along with the tag that marked the cross, which is written with
No. 2 lead pencil which I find withstands both sun and water better than
anything else.  The seeds in the well tied net bag dry nicely and can be
put anywhere without getting scattered or separated from their tags.  I
leave them in the bags during their soaking and chilling until planting
time when I make permanent markers for them.  The bags can be reused
next year.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9