Re: Pods/Seeds?

Griff et al,
    Thanks for the advice on drying the seeds.  I typically dry all my other
plant seeds in open paper envelopes and so far, it seems to be working
nicely for the iris seeds also.  Thanks for the tip about soaking the seeds
too, I was unaware of that.  But did someone say something about
refrigerating them too?  Can anyone clarify that for us beginners?  On
another subject, if I get my order of new irises before I get my ground
completely prepared, can I store them in the refrigerator without damaging
the rhizomes?
    I live about 30 miles south of Dallas, Texas, so I'm not sure what Zone
I'm in, think it's Zone 8, so any advice about best time to plant the seeds
would be helpful.  Do I put them directly into the ground ( I have very good
drainage) or do pots work better for the seedlings? Do I winter the
seedlings indoors or outdoors? Thanks for all the advice!  I can use all I
can get.  :) Johnette Woods