OT-CHAT: HIST: Peacock's eye

The post to iris-photos (photos not visible in the archives) reminded me
of the follow up information from my German ex-brother in law re: the
name PEACOCK'S EYE vs PFAUENUAGE.

The Peacock's Eye, or Peacock Butterfly is Tagpfauenuage in German, not
just Pfauenuage.  I wondered if there was a 'day' Peacock's Eye plus a
'night' Peacock's Eye that might be a butterfly and moth.  This is the
info he sent:
<the name Tagpfauenauge does indeed indicate that this is a butterfly
species active during the daytime.  There is also an unrelated
nocturnal (moth) species called Nachtpfauenauge.  To add to the fun,
there are a couple of bovine-related butterfly species:  the
Kdlberauge (calf's eye) and 3 species of Ochsenauge (ox's eye). None of
them are as pretty as the Tagpfauenauge. >

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8