Re: AIS: Minutes, and the Webpage

Anner, et. alia,

As AIS Electronic Services Chair, I can tell you that there is no policy on how long the meeting minutes of the society will remain on the AIS Website.

Which, of course, begs the question. I will ask the board to create one (since I am not currently a Board member I can't officially make a motion).

My recommendation would be to keep minutes from meetings within the last twelve months on the Website. One could always email the Secretary and get copies via email of those sets of minutes that are available electronically. We could keep more of an archive on the AIS site if the demand were greater, and I would not oppose that. I would probably want to have a separate section for the archive so as to keep the list of documents on the main "documents" page less intimidating.

Starting, perhaps last fall (I wasn't there and don't know the status), but certainly at this last meeting, the board is keeping a separate "motions" document in electronic form. This is simply a listing of the motions made and voted on. We started doing this because we started using the digital projector to display the motions on the big screen so everyone could be better aware of what was being proposed and more easily craft the correct wording. Although it does not provide the context nor the discussion of the issues, it does provide a list of the actions taken at the meeting. I am hoping to have that document on the AIS Webpage shortly.

I would ask you and others, what part of the minutes interest you the most?