Re: CULT: Leading Edge Labels

La Vie En Rose Gardens wrote:

Quoting iris DIGEST <iris-owner@hort.net>:

I use zinc plant markers (10" rose markers) but print CLEAR labels on my laser printer.
I have used laser printing on applique sheets, and given the final product a quick spray with clear Krylon. The labels lasted a decade in the southern California sun, and succumbed to gardener abuse before fading.

Lacking a laser printer, you could inkjet onto paper and using a copying machine to get the image on the applique.

The formatting and cutting take time, but typeface and size are easily controlled.

Gerry