HYB: TB wet pollen questions...

Hello and thanks for reading my posts and helping me out with advice and tips.

  I am wondering about TB pollen.
  I understand that the pollen anthers can be collected and even mailed.
  I have collected anthers in the past and auccessfully pollinated irises within a couple of days time frame.

  My question is about rain and pollen.

  It's my understanding that wet pollen is pretty much worthless. Or am I misinterpreting part of the reason for crossing on dry, windless days?
  Besides waiting for a non rainy day and a fresh flower to open, what are my options?

  If a flower is out in heavy rain after it just opens, will much or any of the pollen be viable?
  Can I just wait for the flower to dry and still be able to collect useable pollen, can i collect the damp anthers and wait for them to dry, or will the pollen on the plant be ruined once it's gotten wet?

  thanks so much,
  steve m zone 4b northeastern minnesota