Griff's mention of open standards over on photos reminded me of this  cross.
The common link is that this one also contains Romantic Evening,  through
Next Millennium.  But I crossed it onto a yellow rebloomer!
The seedlings were all interesting. All standards were domed and most  had
substance like plastic and were ruffled.  The only fault I had with any  of them
were the falls, which were not as round as I would have  preferred.  Some
were white over light blue with a lot of fall lines.   Some were a lovely two
tone yellowish gold with brassy falls.
Several crosses were made on these seedlings, but none took.  In  the end
there were no pods that involved 1912.  The latest brassy one  appeared to take a
pod and then it fell off.
Anyone have a problem with an entire cross being sterile?  If so, did  they
recover in the next year???
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: