Re: HYB: questions - white dominance

Thanks for the clarification, Paul.  More things to look at next year
(or this fall).  Your comments about the carotenoid amoenas is
especially interesting - been trying to add those genes to the pool of
things I'm crossing, & while it wont' change which cultivars I use, it
may change which ones I cross, especially with seedlings.

<  However, most carotenoid amoenas seem to be dominant whites.  That is
probably because those are the ones that are introduced and the breeder
wanted clear, clean, bright colors.  Champaign Elegance, Ambrosia
Delight are not.  Tulip Festival, another oldie, is.

 I hadn't said Immortality was a plicata, simply that it had a lighter
area around the beard.  Like a luminata, so it might carry plicata
genes.  But you did see what I was talking about with the color change.>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8