Re: SALE: help - culture sheet?

In a message dated 6/13/2006 7:36:46 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
lmann@lock-net.com writes:

I  volunteered to put together a combination iris culture and iris on the
web  sheet for our sale weekend after this.

Is there a website with brief  cultural recommendations for different
types of irises that any of you  would recommend & whose webmaster
wouldn't mind us downloading and  using?

Linda, good question!  AIS website has only a very general page with  an
article written by Betty Wood (deceased) - _http://irises.org/growing.htm_
MIS has a page on "types" but no cultural requirements -
_http://www.medianiris.com/glossary.htm_ (http://www.medianiris.com/glossary.htm)    (you have MIS
permission to copy anything you need from the Editor-me)
SJI does not have a "culture sheet" on its website - we really need to
remedy that!  Nor does SSI.
Rebloomer has _http://www.rebloomingiris.com/culture.htm_
Spuria has _http://www.spuriairis.com/culture.htm_
SIGNA has a "Reading Room" - _http://www.signa.org/_ (http://www.signa.org/)
Louisiana Iris has _http://www.louisianas.org/cultivars/index.html_
I, for one, will be very glad to have a "generic culture" sheet to look at  -
keep us posted on your progress!

Rita  Gormley
Editor SJI  and MIS
Gormley Greenery