Re: REB: Sutton's talk at Convention

--- Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com> wrote:
<< I had said that most rebloom here doesn't start
until about 6 weeks after we've had some cool
nights, usually that's in August, lows in the
40s.  I was thinking mostly of fall rebloom. >>

Summer nights are often relatively cool here, even
when the daytime temperatures rise to the 90's.
However, they would typically only go as low as 55-60
degrees. Most of the little rebloom that occurs does
not begin until after mid-September, though even then
it is unlikely that nighttime lows would be dipping
into the 40's six weeks previously (early August).

<< He said said they had umpteen zillion plants of
IMMORTALITY and only got 3 bloomstalks (or something
like that). >>

IMMORTALITY has only rebloomed here twice in 14 years.
The soil pH is close to neutrality (7.0). The only
reliable rebloomers have been CHAMPAGNE ELEGANCE and
its offspring. California rebloomers have been spotty
in their performance, and usually the rebloom stalks
get started so late that they are frozen out before or
during their bloom (mid- to late October).

Jeff Walters
in northern Utah
(USDA Zone 4)
http://mail.yahoo.com