OT-CHAT: Welcome!

In a message dated 6/14/2006 12:52:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mollyd1953@hotmail.com writes:

Mostly  I'll be here quietly reading and learning :-)

Hi, Molly.
Welcome aboard. We are delighted to have you join us.
This is a slowish time on the list because many people in North  America are
busy in their gardens. There is a seasonal ebb and flow to the  list as there
is to gardening. Folks will be here if you need them,  however, so if you have
some question that needs answering feel free to  toss it out.
It is generally considered the done thing to provide a bit of information
about yourself in your signature whenever that is germane to your post. You
don't have to give any information you don't want to, certainly, don't even have
to give your surname, but it would be useful to tell us where you garden so
we can place any comments you may make in context, or better answer any
questions you may pose. We are always interested in hearing about people's  gardens
and what sorts of irises they enjoy. Include your USDA Zone, if you know  it.
Please let me refer you to two sources of information. First is  the webpage
of The American Iris Society _www.irises.org_ (http://www.irises.org)  where
you will find all sorts of  information and links. Many of us here are members
but it is not obligatory to  be so. The second is the Archives of this mailing
list. _http://www.hort.net/lists//iris-talk/_
(http://www.hort.net/lists//iris-talk/) .  The Archives are the greatest storehouse of information on irises
imaginable. Do visit, and poke around when things are slow around here.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA USDA Zone 7 (Urban)