HYB: Small seeds and balloon pods

Hello everyone,
I had approximately 90% pod sets from my pollinating efforts this
spring, the best I've ever had.  I am now harvesting the seeds, and I
find that they are unusually small.  They have normal form and color,
but when dried many aren't much larger than grape seeds.  Will this
affect their ability to germinate and grow?
The only reason I can think of to account for this is the weather.  A
cool April made pod setting easy.  Then May turned very hot while the
seeds were forming.  I like to plant my seeds directly into the ground
when it cools off for winter.  I don't want to waste a lot of space
though on seeds that won't germinate.  Have any of you had this
About balloon pods for Anner:  It has been my observation that an iris
that produces balloon pods is advertising that it will be a good pod
parent.  It has worked that way for me.
Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9