Re: REB:Started

Betty and Annette -- Did you have the balmy weather during January that we had here on the east coast? We had near drought conditions here in May, but a very prolonged and bountiful bloom season, and I have had repeat bloom on some TB, SDB and IB seedlings that I haven't seen before. -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: [iris]REB:Started

In a message dated 6/24/2006 10:51:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Tmilchh@aol.com writes:

<<Do you think it is the regular rainfall we are getting this year, or the
heat, or both?>>
Annette, I think it has to be the timing of the rainfall. In the past
cooler weather has been more likely to encourage summer bloom. Still the iris has
to be genetically capable of blooming this early. Renown, Pink Attraction &
Renown have all been reported to bloom this early in other regions. Cantina
has stalks in the regional garden and it's on the early list, too.

If you don't cross them, you can't plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:

Checked by AVG Free Edition.