Re: what I have so far

Thank you Robert,

That's useful to know. I was really more interested in learning the correct growing proceedures for them since up to now it's been hit or miss with them. I don't think I'd be able to identify the particular cultivars since the person who gave them to me didn't know them either. In fact I doubt she was aware that there might be any named cultivars of Dutch Iris. I certainly wasn't!

Molly D.

If you need information about Dutch Iris the newest
SIGNA checklist contains a complete listing of Dutch
varieties. SIGNA is the American Iris Societies
section for species Irises. Dutch Iris along with
other bulbs, are registered with the Dutch Royal Bulb
Growers (KAVB). The KAVB has provided a listing and
descriptions far all but the newest Dutch Iris to
SIGNA. They will be sending the information to
complete the descriptions soon.  The American Iris
Society registers all other Iris except bulbs. SIGNA
has been working to integrate the information from the
two registering authorities so that all Iris will be
referenced by AIS. Although it is difficult to
identify any iris by a cultivar description, such
descriptions can be useful in verifying a name.
Ultimately there will be pictures to aid in these
verifications.

http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement