Re: what I have so far

Thanks! I'll give that a try and see what works best here.

Molly D

I hesitate to give advice for a different climate but
I have had some luck with Dutch Iris persisting and
blooming for years. I have also had failures. It seems
when they were planted deeply in a rich loam and
provided consistent water in the spring and early
summer they continue to return and bloom every year.
They have an enemy in burrowing critters and like
being undisturbed. They come from the mountains of
Spain and so have naturally long cool springs but
summers that tend to some drought by fall. I suggest
trying them in several spots and you may be rewarded
with very persistent garden plants. My flower never
were as huge as those in the cut flower trade but
still very nice.