Re: Re: CULT: pod food

In a message dated 6/28/2006 4:26:55 A.M. Central Standard Time,
lmann@lock-net.com writes:

Betty, if you have time, would you post a photo of your protective  pod
covers?

_CULT:pod  saver_ (http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/may05/msg00812.html)

Here is the link to the archives where I posted the picture last  year.
Later versions don't have the string at the bottom.  I was  afraid closing the
bottom would retain moisture.  This year we've had a lot  of wind and covers blow
off from time to time.  Just one here and there.  I check them every day to
make sure they're in place.  New ones for  this year were made a bit "deeper"
for this reason.  They do NOT stop the  bole weevil.

To the unpracticed eye it looks like I'm growing 50+ little lace  caps!

If you don't cross them, you  can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6  ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: