Re: CULT:My iris changed color!!!

In a message dated 6/28/2006 8:04:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,
ChatOWhitehall@aol.com writes:

<<I'm not suggesting something is happening, you   understand, but I do think
would be well to examine the phenomenon  from  all sides, including that of
the  reportage.>>
I can only report, as fact, that I have been viewing and growing irises for
50 years.  Several hundred different cultivars over the past 20 years, plus
endless seedlings.  Won't go into maiden bloom phenomena.
In that time I have never seen an iris change color except as the result  of
roundup which then reverts back to it's original  color!   The other things I
posted are either based on personal  account . . . chopping up rhizomes and
watching seed pods fling their seed, OR  accounts I've read in The World of
Irises or other reputed publications.
One possibility . . . perhaps sports are more common that we realize, but
most are not recorded or saved!  Maybe?
My guess is that these people are not truly seeing what they think they are
Lets say I had no prior knowledge of irises??  If someone gave me an  iris
saying it was purple, I would believe I'd planted a purple iris.  If  it didn't
bloom for 4 years and then bloomed white, I'd think my purple iris  bloomed

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: