Re: intro

In a message dated 6/29/2006 1:30:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
homemakerdee@yahoo.com writes:

I  am new to the list and wanted to learn more about cultivating irises.
Irises  have always been my favorite flower. I buy irises locally, but lately have
had  a bug to learn more about them and get more varieties.

Hi, Dee!
Nice to hear from you.
Where do you hail from and in what sorts of irises are you interested?
Things are a bit on the quiet side here right now since many folks are
either on vacation or messing about in their gardens, but you should speak up as
the spirit moves you because we do keep an eye open for list  friends---like
you!--- who may have a question.
If the posts are not coming as fast as you'd hoped, check out the list
archives at _www.mallorn.com/lists/iris-talk/_
(http://www.mallorn.com/lists/iris-talk/)    Enormous amounts of fine chatter and carrying on going back about ten
 years. Just pick a month and start reading.
The webpage of The American Iris Society is also a fun place to sort  of get
one's bearings. Visit at _www.irises.org_ (http://www.irises.org)   Many
intriguing  links.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA USDA Zone 7-Urban