Re: CULT: Best Spray for Late Fungal Spot

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Best Spray for Late Fungal Spot
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:46:09 -0400

Anner  --  I recommend Ortho's "Garden Disease Control", which has replaced
Daconil.  This spring, just when the TBs' fans were hitting full height and
bloomstalks were up  --  some showing color  --  leaf spot appeared
seemingly overnight throughout several beds where it usually does not appear
except for a variety here and there.  And it was really bad.  I was afraid
that application was too late and was concerned that the beds would look
really bad for the bloom season.   Instead, the Garden Disease Control
stopped it in its tracks.  By the time bloom season and visitors arrived,
the beds looked fine, except for "the usual suspects"  that are always
susceptible.   If one looked closely, the old spots, of course, were still
there, but the general appearance of the foliage was healthy.  Here's a
photo of one of the affected beds today  --  we're just weeding and removing
the spent stalks.   --  Griff

Griffin's Den
www.pilmore.com/griffinsden