Re: HIST: Dr. Bernice

In a message dated 6/1/2009 7:31:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lauriefr@localnet.com writes:

The iris  depicted in my photo on the HIPS site was given to me by
Laetitia in 2003  and (Laetitia, correct me if I am wrong) came from a
Presby dig that  year.  This is the same plant that Phil Edinger vetted
from  Laetitia's photo, I believe.  I don't think Mrs. Hess had anything
to  do with the history of this plant's acquisition, either by Laetitia
or by  Presby (again, Laetitia, correct me if I am  wrong).

Hello, Laurie. Thanks so much for your response.
Actually, I thought perhaps your own source, or your source's  source,
might have been Mrs. Hess. The odds were good, I thought, that if  I enquired
here, one or another of the parties would see my  note, and voila!
If Phil vetted it from a photo, I'd say it was likely something he was well
 acquainted with. He is almost as conservative as I about these  things.
I could speak with Mrs. Hess and Mr. Edinger, if only out of  curiosity,
but we are all so busy at this time, and I'm working on  a project; moreover,
I think, all things considered, I will opt for a  taller iris.
Much obliged for the information, ladies.
Keep them blooming.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA