Re: HIST: Dr. Bernice

  • Subject: Re: HIST: Dr. Bernice
  • From: Laurie Frazer <lauriefr@localnet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:16:41 -0500

On Jun 1, 2009, at 7:02 PM, ChatOWhitehall@aol.com wrote:

Hello, Laurie. Thanks so much for your response.

You're quite welcome.

If Phil vetted it from a photo, I'd say it was likely something he was well acquainted with. He is almost as conservative as I about these things.

Actually, now that Phil has vetted all of the photos on the HIPS site, he has vetted both Laetitia's and my photos of Dr. Bernice. I think we're pretty safe with that ID at this point.

I think, all things considered, I will opt for a  taller iris.

Just to confirm what Laetitia has already told you about DB, it grows pretty short and small-flowered here, too. Of course most irises grow short in my garden, so I'm not sure that's a terribly useful confirmation.

Laurie