HIST: Anner's Mauve Unknown

Greetings.

I'm not a member of Iris-photos, although I greatly enjoy the pictures  in
the Archives, so I asked John to post a cropped scan of a  snapshot of an
historic TB I grow which has so far eluded  identification.

This has all the characteristic bells and whistles one enjoys in a fine
iris of the interwar years: velvet, irisy fragrance, iridescence, gawjus  half
markings, substance, vigor, and a whole lot of class.

Surely someone knows its name?

_http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/jun09/msg00028.html_
(http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/jun09/msg00028.html)

Thank you, John; I appreciate your help, as always.

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA

Steps!