HIST: Anner's Mauve Unknown

I'm not a member of Iris-photos, although I greatly enjoy the pictures  in
the Archives, so I asked John to post a cropped scan of a  snapshot of an
historic TB I grow which has so far eluded  identification.
This has all the characteristic bells and whistles one enjoys in a fine
iris of the interwar years: velvet, irisy fragrance, iridescence, gawjus  half
markings, substance, vigor, and a whole lot of class.
Surely someone knows its name?
Thank you, John; I appreciate your help, as always.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA