RE: HIST: Dr. Bernice

  • Subject: RE: HIST: Dr. Bernice
  • From: Laetitia Munro <lmmunro@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 02:58:21 +0000

I did give Laurie a piece of Dr Bernice a few years ago. Yes it is the same
plant vetted by Phil. I have given out starts of this iris to at least half a
dozen, maybe more people, one of which was probably Mary Hess, as I have been
trying to get some iris back into circulation, one of which is DB. Yes, it
grows 'stout'  in NJ as it does in MN.
Laurie, I don't know if you have found this to be true, but it seems
particularly hardy here...not one of the sissy ones that get all upset with
freeze/thaw cycles. It eludes me why such a tough little thing didn't seem to
be growing in any historic collections that I knew, except for Presby.